BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
ORANGE COUNTY BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Helping Businesses Achieve Positive Outcomes to Legal Disputes
Litigation can have a major impact on a business’s bottom line. If your business has found itself in a contract dispute or any other dispute with another business or individual, you need an attorney who will deliver value by working diligently and efficiently to protect your interests.
Orange County business and commercial litigation and transactional lawyer, William G. Bissell has more than 30 years of experience helping clients successfully resolve business disputes.
ORANGE COUNTY BUSINESS TRANSACTION LAWYER
Facilitating Strong Business Deals That Achieve Clients’ Goals
While contractual agreements are the foundations of most successful business relationships, unfortunately, poorly drafted agreements and contracts are also at the heart of many costly business and commercial disputes.
If you are contemplating entering into a business arrangement, you need the guidance of an experienced lawyer. For more than 30 years, Newport Beach business law attorney William G. Bissell has worked with clients nationwide to facilitate effective business transactions.
Assisting with Contract Drafting, Review and Negotiation
Whether you need help drafting a contract or reviewing an agreement that has been offered to you by another party, Mr. Bissell will carefully advise you on your options and represent you in any negotiations. The firm handles all types of business transactions including the following:
- Business acquisition, sales and merger transactions
- Real estate purchase, sale and lease agreements
- Operating, shareholder and partnership agreements
- Employment contracts and noncompetition agreements
As a result of his extensive experience litigating business and commercial disputes, Mr. Bissell has the insight to identify ambiguous or other potential pit falls in contract terms. Addressing these issues upfront can dramatically reduce the chances of costly litigation in the future.
ORANGE COUNTY BUSINESS TORTS ATTORNEY
Helping Resolve California Business Torts
If your business in involved in a business dispute or if another business has done something that has caused your business financial harm, it is advisable to speak to a business litigation attorney about your legal options. Orange County business tort attorney William G. Bissell represents parties involved in all types of business disputes, including acts of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresentation. Discussing your case with a business lawyer may help you to understand the scope of your problem and your legal options.
ACQUISITIONS, SALES AND MERGERS
ORANGE COUNTY ACQUISITIONS, SALES AND MERGERS ATTORNEY
Guiding Businesses Through the Acquisitions, Sales and Merger Processes
Whether you are planning to buy an existing business, merge another business into your portfolio, sell a business outright or spin off a business unit, you need the assistance of a lawyer with the experience to advise you and carefully guide you through the process.
Mr. Bissell has facilitated mergers and acquisitions for clients in many economic sectors, including grocery store chains, manufacturing companies and construction companies. He represents both purchasers and sellers of business entities and units.
Mr. Bissell can assist you through each step of the process, which typically includes performing due diligence, negotiating the purchase and sale agreement, and drafting the necessary documents.
Buying or selling a business is a high-stakes venture in which the counsel of an experienced business lawyer is invaluable.
ORANGE COUNTY CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION LAWYER
Representing Contractors, Property Owners and Other Parties
If you are involved in a payment dispute, warranty dispute or any other dispute concerning a construction project, it is in you interests to discuss your options with a lawyer with critical knowledge of and familiarity with the construction industry, and is experienced at litigating construction claims.
A significant portion of his practice is dedicated to the resolution of construction matters.
Litigating Collection Claims and Other Construction Disputes
If you have performed work on a construction project and have not been paid, Mr. Bissell can help you pursue your options for asserting your rights and collecting the money you are owed. Depending on the facts of your case, this may involve any or all of the following procedures:
- Recording and foreclosure of mechanic's lien rights
- Serving and enforcement of stop notice rights
- Enforcement of payment bond rights on private or public works
In addition to representing contractors and subcontractors in payment disputes, Mr. Bissell also represents property owners in disputes over performance issues, and he represents both plaintiffs and defendants in construction defect disputes.
ORANGE COUNTY CONSTRUCTION LAW ATTORNEY
Acting on Behalf of Contractors, Property Owners, Developers and Other Clients
Construction contracts are among the most complex types of commercial agreements. They are also among the most likely to result in costly litigation. When negotiating the terms of any construction project, it is your best interests to be represented by an experienced lawyer.
Newport Beach construction lawyer William G. Bissell has more than 30 years of experience advising and representing contractors, subcontractors, property owners, developers and other construction industry clients in Orange County, Los Angeles and the Inland Empire.
Drafting Customized Contracts for Complex Construction Projects
Construction agreements typically involve numerous parties, interlocking contingencies and complex technicalities. Whether you require assistance with the drafting, review or negotiation of a construction contact, you need a lawyer with a sophisticated understanding of these issues.
Mr. Bissell’s extensive background in litigating difficult construction claims gives emphasis to the importance of drafting effective and mutually agreed-upon contract terms.
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
ORANGE COUNTY REAL ESTATE LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Landlord-Tenant Disputes Nondisclosure Disputes Property Line Disputes
Whether you need help evicting a tenant or resolving any other real estate dispute, you need a real estate litigation lawyer with an extensive background in this area. Mr. Bissell is frequently called upon to represent property owners, tenants and other parties in litigation over all types of real estate issues, including, but not limited to the following:
- Lease disputes: Mr. Bissell represents residential and commercial landlords in unlawful detainer and eviction matters. He also represents commercial property owners and tenants in other types of disputes over the terms and enforcement of commercial leases.
- Purchase and sale agreement disputes: If you are involved in a dispute over inspection conditions, nondisclosure of defects, or any other issue arising from a residential or commercial real estate purchase and sale contract, Mr. Bissell can protect your interests.
- Disputes between property owners: The firm represents clients in disputes over property lines, easements, rights of way and other matters between property owners.
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION
ORANGE COUNTY REAL ESTATE LAW ATTORNEY
Drafting, Reviewing and Negotiating Real Estate Contracts and Leases
When negotiating a commercial lease or other real estate contract, it is important to structure the transaction and set the terms of any ongoing relationships with other parties in a manner that reduces the risk of future litigation. An experienced lawyer can help you achieve this goal.
William G. Bissell has more than 30 years of experience facilitating complex transactions.
Helping Clients Achieve Their Goals and Protect Their Interests
While home purchase and sale contracts are often transacted without a lawyer, it is typically advisable to work with legal counsel on more complex real estate transactions. Mr. Bissell frequently helps clients draft, review and negotiate contracts such as the following:
- Commercial and industrial sale and purchase agreements
- Commercial, residential and industrial lease agreements
- Space rental agreements (solar panels, cell phone towers, etc.)
Mr. Bissell’s extensive experience litigating real estate disputes gives him a great deal of insight into the difficulties caused by ambiguous and otherwise problematic contract terms, and he is committed to helping clients avoid future litigation by entering into sound and ironclad contracts.
SHAREHOLDER AND PARTNERSHIP DISPUTES
ORANGE COUNTY SHAREHOLDER AND PARTNERSHIP DISPUTE LAWYER
When two or more people who have previously worked together well as partners or as co-owners in a business decide that it is in their best respective interests to go their separate ways, there are a number of key issues that must be resolved. Disputes among business owners are often referred to as business divorces because they involve similar issues to those that arise in marital divorce cases. Also like a divorce, a business dissolution case can be a highly emotional situation for everyone involved.
Newport Beach partnership/shareholder dispute lawyer William G. Bissell has more than 30 years of experience advising and representing clients in Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire. If you are involved in a dispute with your business partners or fellow stakeholders, he can provide valuable counsel.
CORPORATE AND BUSINESS ENTITY FORMATION
ORANGE COUNTY BUSINESS FORMATION ATTORNEY
Orange County Attorney for Forming a LLC, Corporation or Partnership
Whether you want to start a new business in California or adopt a formal business entity for what was previously a sole proprietorship or partnership, it is in your interests to consult an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the business formation process.
Provides attentive counsel and assistance in all of the following areas:
- Business entity selection: Mr. Bissell can help you determine which type of business entity,corporation, limited liability company (LLC), limited partnership, professional practice or another option- is the best fit for your specific business plans and goals.
- Registration and initial setup: Once you have selected an entity, Mr. Bissell will complete the necessary registration paperwork, draft the operational agreement for the organization, and guide you through the process of holding an initial meeting and adopting minutes.
- Ownership and control agreements: If your business is going to have multiple owners, it may be in your interests to enter into a shareholder agreement, partnership agreement or operating agreement.
- Ongoing compliance: In order to ensure that your business continues to be recognized as a legitimate entity by the state of California, you will need to hold annual meetings and otherwise keep your registration up to date. Mr. Bissell can assist you with this process.
ORANGE COUNTY CONTRACT DISPUTE ATTORNEY
Resolving Breach of Contract Disputes
If you or your business is involved in a contract dispute with another party, you should take prompt legal action. Orange County business lawyer William G. Bissell has successfully represented clients in contract disputes for more than 30 years.
UNFAIR COMPETITION- ORANGE COUNTY LAWYER
When Unfair Competition is Hurting Your Business
Examples of Unfair Competition
- False Advertising involves the use of false or misleading messaging to sell a product or grow a consumer base.
- Trademark of patent infringement involves the use of a copycat logo or trademark of another company or selling a product or service that is patent protected without authorization.
- Misappropriation of trade secrets involves the use of another company’s formula, recipe, algorithm, strategy or other undisclosed information to create a product or to sell a service that is similar to the original.
- Price discrimination can involve charging different prices to different customers or selling a product or service at a lower cost than competitors’ in an effort to drive them out of business.
If your business has been harmed due to unfair business practices, you may wish to compel the offending party to stop the unfair practice and/or to pursue a claim against the offending party. If you wish to proceed with an unfair competition claim against another party, it is important to work with and experienced business lawyer who can assess your legal rights and help you recover for any damages caused.
LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR EMPLOYERS IN ORANGE COUNTY
Representing Employers in Disputes with Employees
Orange County employment law attorney William G. Bissell applies more than 30 years of experience in representing employers in a wide variety of employment law disputes. If your business is faced with a claim from an employee regarding discrimination, harassment, wage and/or hour disputes, wrongful termination of hostile work environment.